So what do homeschooled kids do when life gets crazy for homeschooling parents and everyone gets a day off of school? Duh -- they act out things from books, of course! Can you see the Little House on the Prairie thing going on here?
The chairs were pulled away from the abandoned "school table" and made into a very nice wagon for "Mary" and "Laura." (They'd want me to point out the lap blankets and rag doll.) The "handwashing stool" from the bathroom became the seat up front for a very serious "Pa."
Almost makes you want to whistle this: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/litlhous.wav
And before anyone reminds me -- I KNOW this is not the hip thing for kids to be doing. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :)
1 week ago
10 comments:
and who says this isn't the coolest thing to be doing? what do they know?? (they're jealous)
whatta a great peek into your life! how creative your kids are and I think this just ROCKS!
God bless you, C and fam,
Love ya, LY
nice, whatta a...I got too excited and stuttered in my typing. forgive me!
'tis why I shouldn't use whatta!
We watch Little House everyday! We love it! My kids don't know this yet, but we are going to see a performance of Little House on the Prairie at Clowes Hall next week. We do their printing so they are reserving our seats for free! I am so excited! I will probably enjoy it more than they will.
I think these are the best homeschooling moments...times where they can use their imagination and be creative. It makes what they are learning come alive!
Where did you get the bonnets? I have thought about sewing some but have not made time for it. Did they make their ragdolls? My girls thought this was way cool. All of my kids have been playing "house" outside on their swingset in the loft. I am so amazed at how creative our children can really be when we allow them this freedom :D
The bonnets are from Vision Forum for $12 each:
http://www.visionforum.com/search/productdetail.aspx?search=bonnet&productid=58742.
And another little friend made them the rag doll.
How AWESOME about the Clowes performance! Have fun!!!
I love how your kids use their imagination. Your kids are amazing. I read Little House so many times growing up I think I have them memorized.
Since when is it not "hip"??? Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett and pretty much any cowboy charater you can think of is proper entertainment for ANY day...You can I have boys (Pa just doesn't know any better yet!!)
On a quick side note, my girlfriends daughter, Rachel and Joey were playing "Davy" one day (they were 5-7ish). She was crawling around on the floor while the boys had the coon skin caps/guns and vests walkin' around all tall and proud..we asked, what are you doing Rachel, she said she was playing the dog. At that point we realized there were absolutely NO girl parts in Davy!!
I meant, "you can tell" oooo I hate when that happens!
Tee hee! This reminds me -- when my husband was little his big sisters had him play the dog in their "girlie" games. I will have to tell him he is not alone. :)
Hi Charmaine,
I just today saw the comment you left on my blog on April 2nd. I've responded there, just so you know I wasn't ignoring you.
Ciao for now,
Andy
Post a Comment