Yesterday (December 10th) at 1:54 pm we received our best Christmas gift... Claire Noelle. I had a great delivery experience (as far as those things go) and was blessed to have both Ryan and my mom with me.
We brought Claire home today at 4:00 pm and are glad to be together as a family of six tonight.
Here is Claire at around 4 hours old, meeting her very excited brother and sisters:
They all had a chance to feed her, hold her, check out fingers and toes, etc. Brett said "Hi Claire!" about 50 times and explained to her that he had been the one talking to her every night when she was in my tummy. Audrey was a bit emotional and Elise was just beaming. Papaw had helped them pick out a stuffed animal for her in the hospital gift shop before coming up to meet her.
Here is Claire this morning, getting a little more alert and trying to figure out these strange faces that match with the voices she's been hearing for months:
And just little a bit ago at home -- 1 day old and finally home in "real jammies":
What a joy she is. We are feeling a bit overwhelmed and out of practice with this newborn stuff, but also incredibly blessed. Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Please keep them coming during this time of transition and sleepless nights! And please forgive me if I'm not too responsive for awhile. I'll be back in the groove eventually... :)
1 week ago
8 comments:
O my dear...she's so chubby and delicious...her face is beautiful. just can't believe she's here but so glad. so glad for you!!
God Bless you! He has! oooh sniff her sweet baby head for me!
glad you are home...the pic of the FOUR kids is PRICELESS. thanks for posting 'em.
love ya! LY
How beautiful! Everything about her and her brother and sisters! And you are right...this is a wonderful time to bring home a baby. Those sleepless nights will be helped along a little by being able to gaze at her sweet little face by the lights on the Christmas tree.
Much love and prayers to you all!
Love,
Jodi
I want her! Adorable. I think she looks like Elise a little from the pic. Can't wait to see her.
I love you. Let me know what I can help with.
Nicky
Priase the Lord, Charmaine!! What a beautiful precious baby girl!! I'm so excited for you!!! I love the picture with all the kids looking at her. This is so special!
Hope to come see you soon.
love,
Debbie
OK. I'm getting all goose-bumpy and teary-eyed! That picture of the 4 of them is Christmas card worthy. You can see the love emanating from Audrey, Brett, and Elise. You are SO BLESSED!
Now, go out and have 6 more -- we need more God-loving, smart, pretty people in the world!
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! She's beautiful, as is her name. I love the picture of the 4 kids - Absolutely priceless. What a wonderful time of year to hold a newborn baby girl, and wonder about a newborn baby boy! God bless you all! Merry Christmas! Love, Peggy
Hope everything is going well. Hard to believe she's already a week old! They grow so quickly....
Ok...it's been 6 months.....
Whatcha up to?
Post a Comment