Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sick of the pie chart?

Is anyone still out there for this poor blogless blog? I never meant for the tax freedom post to sit there for two months... I should have at least left an encouraging, uplifting post, huh?

But, in case you haven't heard, I have been pretty darn sick. Yes, it's the kind of malady that doesn't totally clear up for oh, nine months or so. Lord willing, we will have another Little Doesn't-Happen-Everyday Miracle in early to mid December! The 24/7 yuckies finally seem to be easing up a bit, but I'm still not up to doing a whole lot. But I am upright again for several hours on most days, which is a big improvement!

Bread baking, cleaning, weeding, brain-using, and lots of other things have been on hold these days. And my dear husband is weary of grocery shopping, cooking, and library trips. Homeschooling has been priority number one for me, except when the personal or business bills get close to overdue! Luckily, teaching, explaining, and asking questions can be done while laying sideways on the couch. However, we have still become a bit behind in school due to my really bad days, and will finally finish this school year this Friday. Woo-hoo! We'll take at least five weeks off. I am really praying to be feeling well during a majority of that time -- things will go a lot smoother next year if I can plan, organize, and complete some projects that need to be done.

Also, last month my parents and grandmother all moved from out of town to within a mile or so of us. I wasn't nearly the help I had planned to be, let me tell you! We are blessed to have them here and are settling into some comfortable new routines of seeing each other much more often. It will be a new experience to welcome a baby with family just around the corner.

Well, that's the update. Hopefully I can return to posting at least every week or two! I feel pretty scatter-brained right now, so we'll see if I can come up with something thought provoking...

2 comments:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! You've had a really, really good excuse for leaving us with the pie chart. We forgive you! I'm so glad your family is there to help you.

Love the picture....it looks just like you! Where did you find it? I know...on the net....

Hugs

Nicky said...

What's this? No pie chart. WOO HOO. I sure hope you start feeling more perky soon. Smooch.

Oooooo. Today's word verification is a hard one. Hope I pass it.